EVERYDAY IS AN ADVENTURE

As life moves along we find ourselves juggling professional jobs, owning a home, and learning how to parent with keeping our priorities straight and living what we believe. Our idea of adventure has shifted from scaling mountains and traveling the world to realizing it is more about an expression of your heart's intention and passion for life. Adventure is the ability to think big about who you are, how you live, and what you can do in the world. In the midst of life moving at a rapid pace, here is our attempt at infusing each day, each project, and each relationship with intention, focus, and humor. Let's see how it goes...

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Start of Something Beautiful

I know I have a lot to be grateful for. Heath and I are about to celebrate 10 years of marriage. If you know anything about us this is practically a miracle. The last three years have been particularly eventful. We've had two children, moved into and remodeled a new (old) home, I have been expanding and growing my business, and Heath has been busy teaching and coaching. Even though I know these are beautiful and amazing days of our life I spend much of the time feeling overwhelmed, over scheduled, over tired, and deflated. I often feel like I am gasping for air, holding on by a thread, and just barely making it. From the outside, I know this is ridiculous. I have an ever growing nagging feeling that one day when my children are grown and I am sitting with my husband in an empty house drinking coffee I will have devastating regret. I will wish I could grab my 31 year old self by both arms, look her in the eyes and desperately exclaim "Wake-up! Your life is so full of joy and beauty and you are missing it! Forget the dishes, the inbox full of emails, and the list of household chores...these are distracting you from recognizing the gift of your life RIGHT NOW!".

So this year, 2014, I am making an attempt to take the advise of my older, wiser, empty nester self. I am starting the 365 Grateful project. Every.Single.Day I will post a photograph of something I am grateful for, something I have taken the time to notice, something I recognize as beautiful. Even in the midst of my daily life - even the days when my kids won't do a damn thing I ask, or the days I have an intense fight with my husband, or the days I end up weeping in the bathtub, or the days I am stressed about money, or the days that I am so behind on work it makes my neck tight - even on these days I will find and acknowledge one of the many things I have to be thankful for.

I am pretty sure this year will be a wild ride. They always are. I would love for you to join me for the journey or better yet share your own with me! Happy New Year friends - here we go...

Here is more information about the 365 Grateful Project: http://365grateful.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment